How do I allow a program that is being blocked by PC Matic SuperShield?
The SuperShield icon may be hidden in your system tray. To show all of the icons; click the arrow to the left of the icons.
To make sure the SuperShield icon is always displayed in the system tray:
Press and hold or right-click any empty space on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
The taskbar is the bar at the bottom of your screen.
- Under Notification Icons, click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
- Toggle On for the PC Matic SuperShield icon.
PC Matic SuperShield blocks all unknown software by default. This can sometimes result in a new program that is actually good being blocked from use. In order to allow that program, please follow the steps below.
Click on the green SuperShield icon in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop screen by the time display.
Select Protection Level.
Hover over Block Notification Method and select Prompt for Override (Advanced).
- Now, open the program that was blocked again.
Add the programs to your local allowlist by clicking on the “Always Allow” button.
- Now that the program has been allowed, we need to return from advanced mode by reversing the steps above.
- Click on the green SuperShield icon again.
- Select Protection Level.
- Hover over Block Notification Method and select Display Only (Recommended).